Cancel your dinner plans tonight, because I have them here for you. These chicken lettuce wraps are SO DELICIOUS OMG! The flavor of the sauce is incredible – like I don’t even know how to describe it other than wow, I’m eating the whole thing right now. And they are quite healthy and so fresh!
I would suggest also serving it with some jasmine rice, to be able to soak up more of that thai chili sauce 😉 I went all-out when I made this – I even got the living lettuce from the grocery store for the lettuce cups. You know, that super cool lettuce that’s still attached to its roots and dirt? That one. Aw yeah. P.F. Chang’s ain’t got nothin’ on these bad boys.
Also, I totally LOVE Crissy Teigen’s cookbooks. It’s truly the food I want to eat. And the food actually turns out like the photos – delicious, full of flavor and color and yumminess! 😀
chicken lettuce wraps
from Cravings by Crissy Teigen
– 3 Tbsp Thai sweet chili sauce
– 3 Tbsp hoisin sauce
– 3 Tbsp light soy sauce
– 2 Tbsp Sriracha
– 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
– 1 tsp sesame oil
– 1 1/2 Tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar
– 2 Tbsp minced garlic
– 1 Tbsp minced ginger
– 1 lb ground chicken
– 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
– 8 scallions, thinly sliced, keeping the whites and the greens separate
– 1 Tbsp minced garlic
– 1 Tbsp minced ginger
– 1/2 lb white mushrooms, trimmed, cleaned, finely chopped
– 1/2 cup finely diced canned water chestnuts
– 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
– 2 heads butter lettuce leaves, separated, rinsed and patted dry
Make the sauce:
– In a bowl, combine all of the sauce ingredients. Set aside.
Make the filling:
– In a bowl, mix 2 Tbsp of the sauce with the ground chicken.
– In a large skillet, heat 2 Tbsp of vegetable oil on medium/high heat. When the oil is shimmering, add the chicken. Cook while breaking apart the meat until browned, ~ 5 to 6 minutes.
– Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate and set aside.
– Add 1 Tbsp vegetable oil to the skillet. Add the scallion whites, garlic, ginger. Cook while stirring for ~ 1 minute.
– Add the mushrooms and cook while stirring until the mushrooms release their liquid, ~ 3 to 4 minutes.
– Add the chicken back into the pan.
– Add the water chestnuts, bell pepper and the rest of the sauce. Cook while stirring until the liquid has reduced and thickened a bit, ~ 3 to 4 minutes.
– Stir in the scallion greens.
– Serve and assemble the lettuce wraps as you go 🙂